Monday, November 17, 2008

Who's going to Oregon?

Don Anderson writes as follows

I am once again this year charged with organizing some FBC group activities for the trip to Oregon. I have not yet ordered game tickets or begun to organize group dinners, happy hours, etc., but I need to gather information now. I haven't decided for sure whether to do up front purchase of blocs of tickets this year; the results last year were problematic. But I'd like to assess interest and then decide how to proceed.

As noted on the Travel page, the games in Oregon this coming year will be:

  • Oregon Thursday 1/22, 7 pm in Eugene
  • Oregon State Saturday 1/24, 7 pm in Corvallis

I need to know:

  • Will you be making the Oregon trip this year? If so: how many tickets (seats) would you want to order for the Oregon game, Thursday 1/22 (If I decide to buy them in advance)?
  • How many tickets (seats) would you want to order for the Oregon State game, Saturday 1/24?
  • Are you interested in attending a happy hour in Eugene on Friday 1/23? (how many of you)
  • Are you interested in attending a group dinner in Eugene on Friday 1/23? (how many of you)
  • Are you interested in attending a fireside chat with one of the coaches on Friday 1/23? (how many of you)
  • Are you interested in attending a group dinner in Corvallis on Saturday 1/24? (how many of you)

Once I get a preliminary idea via your responses, I may order a bloc of tickets for each game, and begin organizing dinners, fireside chat, etc.

If we do a group dinner in Coravallis, I will try to find an alternative to last year's choice (suggestions welcome). I would likely use the same restaurant in Eugene as last year, unless there are strong objections and someone has an alternative that they know is wonderful.

To reply to Don's questions, just email Travel@StanfordFBC.org.