In case there are FBCers still undecided about going to the Hawai'i tournament, I just discovered that the price for the flights on Hawaiian Airlines from Oakland to Hawaii are now $200 (11/26 & 11/28) up to $265 each way on specific dates. To get the $200 price on the return flight, one would have to stay until Friday 12/5, but there are other flights for $265 and $255 on Wednesday 12/3 and Thursday 12/4 respectively.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Travelling fan André writes to alert us,
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Do you regularly travel to away games? The FBC Travel Committee is short of members for the coming season and needs a few seasoned travellers to help out. Each member of the Travel Committee volunteers to coordinate one away trip, and does whatever they reasonably can do to encourage other FBC members to take that trip and to enjoy the experience. The things a Trip Coordinator does may include:
- Researching the most convenient or economical air schedules and
- Researching things to do on off-days - for posting on the Travel Page;
- For busy venues, researching ticket prices, and web links or phone numbers for purchasing;
- Answering occasional email queries about the trip;
- Keeping an email list of people planning to go and letting them know your cell#;
- Getting in touch with Amy to schedule a pre- or post-game talk when possible.
- Sunday 11/16, Baylor in Waco TX
- 11/28-30, tournament in Honolulu
- 12/16-21, Duke, S.Carolina & Tennessee (Dave Cortesi)
- 1/2-4, ASU and AU
- 1/18, Cal bus trip
- 1/22-24, UO & OSU (Don Anderson)
- 2/6-8, WSU & UW (Peter Elderon)
- 2/27-3/1, UCLA & USC
- 3/12-15 , PAC-10 tourney in L.A.