- Thursday Jan. 22nd, before the game, a pizza party with local Stanford alums;
- Later on thursday, sitting together in a block of seats in Mac Court;
- Friday Jan 23rd, a "happy hour" get-together in Eugene;
- Followed by a group dinner at a restaurant in Eugene;
- Followed by a fireside chat with Amy back at the Valley River Inn;
- Saturday Jan 24th, a group dinner in Corvallis before the OSU game;
- After which, sitting together for the OSU game.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
I am once again this year charged with organizing some FBC group activities for the trip to Oregon. I have not yet ordered game tickets or begun to organize group dinners, happy hours, etc., but I need to gather information now. I haven't decided for sure whether to do up front purchase of blocs of tickets this year; the results last year were problematic. But I'd like to assess interest and then decide how to proceed.
As noted on the Travel page, the games in Oregon this coming year will be:
- Oregon Thursday 1/22, 7 pm in Eugene
- Oregon State Saturday 1/24, 7 pm in Corvallis
I need to know:
- Will you be making the Oregon trip this year? If so: how many tickets (seats) would you want to order for the Oregon game, Thursday 1/22 (If I decide to buy them in advance)?
- How many tickets (seats) would you want to order for the Oregon State game, Saturday 1/24?
- Are you interested in attending a happy hour in Eugene on Friday 1/23? (how many of you)
- Are you interested in attending a group dinner in Eugene on Friday 1/23? (how many of you)
- Are you interested in attending a fireside chat with one of the coaches on Friday 1/23? (how many of you)
- Are you interested in attending a group dinner in Corvallis on Saturday 1/24? (how many of you)
Once I get a preliminary idea via your responses, I may order a bloc of tickets for each game, and begin organizing dinners, fireside chat, etc.
If we do a group dinner in Coravallis, I will try to find an alternative to last year's choice (suggestions welcome). I would likely use the same restaurant in Eugene as last year, unless there are strong objections and someone has an alternative that they know is wonderful.
To reply to Don's questions, just email Travel@StanfordFBC.org.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Going to Hawaii?
The FBC Travel Committee would like to get a count of the fans who are going to the tournament in Hawaii, and especially a count of those who are interested in joining the Thanksgiving dinner with the teams at the team hotel on Thanksgiving day.
If you are going to Hawaii please email Travel@StanfordFBC.org and mention whether you are interested in the dinner. We will use your return address to notify you of times, costs, and any group plans.
Going to Duke? Tennessee?
We need a count of those who are definitely planning to make the East Coast swing through Duke, South Carolina and Tennessee. The reason is tickets: for both Duke and Tennessee it is best to order seats in advance. If there is enough interest we can organize a block buy.
If you are going to one or more of the games at Duke, South Carolina or Tennessee, please email Travel@StanfordFBC.org and let us know your plans. We will use your return address to notify you of times, costs, and any group plans.